Prime Minister’s Office
This is where you can find the transcripts of every press conference, media statements, and interviews with various news outlets involving the Prime Minister.
The State Premiers have been front and centre during the pandemic. For more information about what each individual state and territory are doing, including key contacts and recent media statements, visit:
Premier of New South Wales, Hon. Gladys Berijklian
Premier of Victoria, Hon. Daniel Andrews
Premier of Queensland, Hon. Annastacia Palaszczuk
Premier of South Australia, Stephen Marshall
Premier of Western Australia, Mark McGowan
Premier of Tasmania, Peter Gutwein
Chief Minister of the Northern Territory, Michael Gunner
Chief Minister of the A.C.T, Andrew Barr
Highlighted Australian Government Information:
Department of Health, Australia
This information provides daily updates, answering your questions about the latest news, current facts and figures, travel advice, and key contacts. The latest resources on the site include:
- Fact sheets, news and media.
- COVID-19 cases acquired overseas by region or country.
- COVID-19 cases in Australia by gender and age.
Highlighted Australian Department of Health Information:
The Latest Research
The CSIRO is involved in key research in the rapid global response to the novel coronavirus outbreak. Research includes:
- Helping to fast-track the development of a new vaccine as part of an international coalition.
- Collaborating with organisations throughout Australia and the world to help prepare the pandemic response.
Australian Securities Exchange
The ASX is the eighth largest share-market in the world. During the COVID-19 pandemic, countless companies will undergo changes that will be announced on the ASX.
The ASX has a glossary of terms to help you better understand what is going on.
World Health Organisation
WHO publishes up-to-date information on COVID-19, including:
- Advice for the public in neat minute-long videos on basics like hand washing and social distancing.
- Situation reports updated daily with rates of infection in every country.
- Media resources, such as WHO Director-General’s speeches, and individual reports from countries and the measures they are taking.
- Global research on coronavirus disease, updates on research activities, and international clinic trials registry platform.
Highlighted WHO Resources: